Thursday, October 23, 2014

An (Insta)nt in Time: September

Getting back into the swing of college life has caused for a hectic month. So, here we are, almost done with October and I'm just getting to my September Instagram post... Let's just get into it, here is a peak into my life in the month of September, through an Instagram filter.



Formal recruitment fell right on the border of August and September. I couldn't believe that I had reached my final recruitment. It was a love-hate relationship but I'm sad to see it go. I was happy to have one of my closest friends, Kristina, by my side through it.

Hard to believe this was my last pref day and the end of my last recruitment as an undergrad. #notfouryearsforlife
 Once the formal part of recruitment is over, the fun part begins: bid night!! I hopped on the chance to meet our seventy-seven new members at our student union immediately after they received their bids. We then all hopped on a bus and headed up to our house to celebrate!
The Omicron class of @aephiuconn is ready for bid night!!!! #recruitmentisfun
My final bid night had me feeling quite nostalgic. I've met my best friends through AEPhi and still can't believe our college years are coming to a close so soon.
No longer new bids on the block. First fall bid day to our last. Love these girls to no end, always by my side since day one. #notfouryearsforlife #glam
With recruitment behind us and the regular school year in full swing, I was able to reunite with a few of my friends from study abroad! It was a blast to take them out to their first "college" parties, a memorable night.
So happy to be reunited with my Nicoles! #paristiljune #4ever
 Being back in the U.S. means reuniting with my wonderful friends. My friend, Jess, and I decided, on a whim, to have a girls night out. "Shake It Off" had just been released, and was, naturally, stuck in our heads.
Haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate. I'm just gonna shake it off, shake it off.
 Autumn is my absolute favorite season. The cooler weather, although temporary, had my roommates and I feeling in the fall spirit. We decked out our apartment, dubbed the Love Shack, to match our feelings.
It's officially fall at the Loveshack. #autumn #loveshack
My friend and roommate, Mary, and I have birthdays five days apart so the end of September means BIRTHDAY WEEK. It was a fun celebration and, of course, I had to honor her birthday with an Instagram post.
Wishing the best birthday to the one and only Mary!!! I hope you're feelin' twenty-two-oo-oo-ooo!! You are the most amazing friend, and I thank the lucky stars we met on our first day of college. It's been a wild ride since then and I couldn't think of anyone else I'd want by my side through it all!! Love you!
 Every Thursday night, I have a meeting for one of my clubs, Intervarsity, on the top floor of a really old building. It's a trek to get there but the meeting and the view are always worth it.
My view last night. #uconn
Five days after Mary's birthday, it was time for the big 2-1 for me! I had fun going to the college bar at midnight with a few friends. The following day, my actual birthday, I invited my friends over to the Love Shack for a birthday brunch! I had a wonderful time and felt so loved from my birthday celebrations!
Thank you to everyone who helped make my twenty-first birthday spectacular!! Love you all!
My birthday was followed up by one of the best days of the year for a coffee lover like me; National Coffee Day! The Dunkin' Donuts on my campus was giving away free, dark roast, medium coffees and I jumped on that chance. Coffee, coffee, coffee.
Free Dunkin' getting me through class on #nationalcoffeeday
And that was my September, as seen through an Instagram filter. I hope you enjoyed it, more posts coming soon!

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment