Monday, August 11, 2014

A Walk About Paris

I spent my last two weeks in Paris visiting places I had somehow not yet had a chance to visit, as well as a few of my favorite spots around the city. It was really nice to be able to explore the city without worrying about deadlines, class, or work. Here's a peak into a few of my adventures.



I spent one day walking along different canals and visiting some parks that I hadn't yet made the trip to. I walked along the Quai de la Seine and found an adorable little restaurant on a boat in the Bassin de la Villette, called the Antipode Café. I spent some time writing in my journal and enjoying the beautiful day along the canal before heading over to the parks.



I walked over to Parc des Buttes Chaumont, a huge park in the nineteenth arrondissement. It is absolutely beautiful and on the day I went it was full of people of all ages enjoying the good weather. Those who climb up to the top of the hill to the gazebo in the middle of the park are rewarded with a wonderful view of the park and the city!




After I got my fill of Buttes Chaumont, I walked over to the smaller, but still beautiful, Parc de Belleville. The top of the park has a lovely, panoramic view of the city, with the Eiffel Tower clearly visible. This park was also full of people enjoying the nice day in Paris and was full of many little nooks so you could feel as if no one was around.


I spent another day walking along the Seine, admiring my favorite bridges and watching the boats pass by, most filled with tourists gazing upon Paris' sights for the first time. I took my time walking and took many opportunities to stop, enjoy my surroundings, and write in my journal.



I took time to visit my favorite parks one last time, as well. Luxembourg Gardens are just a few metro stops away from my dorm so I went to enjoy the beautiful weather and music on the Fête de la Musique, France's national day of music.


I walked around for hours in the wonderful museums Paris has to offer. My favorites were Orsay and Orangerie. Photography wasn't allowed in the Orangerie, unfortunately, so I only have a few pictures of of the famous clocks inside Orsay.




More of my final Parisian adventures (and a trip to Amsterdam!) to come in the next couple weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment