Wednesday, August 13, 2014

A Night At The Opera

Those of us remaining in Paris for the last two weeks of June got all dressed up and went out for a night at the opera. This ended up being one of my favorite things I did while in Paris!


We went to the ticket office of the Palais Garnier, one of two famous opera houses in Paris, that morning to buy reduced tickets to the ballet being performed that night. If you're not willing to pay hundreds of dollars for a ticket and simply just want to experience the opera, this is the way to go. The seats aren't great, but were only ten euros and I could see the whole show.

I'm not the biggest opera fan, but I've always wanted to see a ballet and this was the perfect place to do so. I really enjoyed the ballet, especially the costumes! In one dance the women were dressed as flowers, their tutus were the flower pedals and the tops were the leaves.

I didn't even mind having a mediocre seat because the opera house was just so beautiful to look at. Everywhere I looked, there was some new gorgeous architecture or painting.







I had a blast exploring the different rooms and pretending I was Princess Anastasia during the intermission. A girl can dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment